The Baltic DB&IS 2014 Doctoral Consortium is intended to bring together PhD students working on techniques, tools and foundations of database and information systems engineering and to give them the opportunity to:
- Present their research work in a relaxed and supportive environment;
- Discuss their work and receive constructive feedback from leading researchers and participants;
- Network with peers and future colleagues.
The Baltic DB&IS 2014 Doctoral Consortium will be attended by prominent professors in the field of information systems, who will actively participate in and contribute to the sessions.
PhD students are invited to submit papers up to 6 pages describing their current work. Topics should be in line with the main conference topics. Submissions should be prepared and submitted according to the formatting requirements for papers of the Baltic DB&IS'2014 Conference. The Doctoral Consortium papers must be submitted through the main conference submission website.
The language of the consortium is English. All submitted materials must be in English. Attendees must have sufficient proficiency in English to allow them to participate in the academic discussions at the Consortium.
The paper must:
- clearly formulate the research question,
- identify significant problem in the field of research,
- outline the current status of the problem domain and related solutions,
- present clearly any preliminary ideas, the proposed approach, and the results achieved so far,
- describe the research methodology that is applied or planned,
- outline the contributions of the applicant's work to the problem domain, and
- highlight their uniqueness.
Each submitted paper will be reviewed by at least two members of the Doctoral Consortium Programme Committee (to be defined). The main evaluation criteria are: originality, significance, technical soundness, accuracy, and clarity. The papers accepted to the doctoral consortium will be included in the conference proceedings.
- Paper submission: February 3, 2014 February 20, 2014 (extended)
- Notification: April 11, 2014
- Camera-ready: April 28, 2014
- Conference dates: June 8-11, 2014
- Doctoral Consortium: June 9, 2014
Raimundas Matulevičius, Institute of Computer Science, University of Tartu, Estonia
Kuldar Taveter, Department of Informatics, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia
Gintautas Dzemyda, Vilnius University, Lithuania
Marite Kirikova, Riga Technical University, Latvia
Tanel Tammet, Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia