European network projects
Integrating the National Aerospace University "KhAI" into European Research Area
The KhAI-ERA project is a special support action funded by the European Commission within FP7 Capacities Specific Programme which aims to reinforce National Aerospace University “KhAI” research cooperation capacities in order to become more closely integrated into the European Research Area (ERA).
The KhAI-ERA project will build upon KhAI’s existing strengths as a high-quality research institution via twinning with four excellent European research and innovation organisations in its 3 strongest aerospace and IT research topics:
- Topic A – Composite Materials
- Topic B – Advanced Manufacturing for Aircraft Assembly
- Topic C – Dependable Embedded Systems
KhAI-ERA will be implemented by a dedicated team of experienced researchers from KhAI and consortium partners’ organizations from December 2011 to November 2014. As a result of the KhAI-ERA project implementation, KhAI participation in European Research Area including EU R&D Programmes and its Regional Socio-Economic Impacts will be increased.
The KhAI-ERA project will build upon KhAI’s existing strengths as a high-quality research institution via twinning and capacity building activities with the following 4 excellent European research and innovation organisations:
- Institute of Aerospace Engineering, Brno University of Technology (IAE-BUT),
- Fraunhofer Institute for Factory Operation and Automation (Fraunhofer-IFF),
- Centre for Integrated Electronic Systems and Biomedical Engineering, Tallinn University of Technology (CEBE-TUT)
- Intelligentsia Consultants (Intelligentsia).
The capacity building activities involve knowledge exchange, setting up joint experiments, and training development for KhAI researchers focused on composite materials, advanced manufacturing for aircraft assembly, dependable embedded systems, and the FP7 programme. Also, it involves dissemination and strategy development to support the KhAI organisation.
More information available on the project homepage http://khai-era.khai.edu/
European Thematic Network Future Education and Training in Computing: How to support learning at anytime anywhere - ETN FETCH
The main objectives of this project is to introduce innovative technologies in education, develop an integrated environment for computing education, which includes curricula, syllabi, e-learning, resources, student exhibition forums, which will significantly raise education quality. It will also propose a set of recommendations for future Digital Curricula in Computing Education and Training 2020 and will develop new didactical theories and learning models for using social media in education.
FETCH aims that the developed European Strategic Framework for Computing Education and Training 2020, European Evaluation Framework in Computing Education and Training 2020, Set of recommendations for future Digital Curricula in Computing Education and Training, New didactical theories and learning models for using social media in education are used not only by all partners, but also by all interested parties, in order to improve the quality of education and training.
The project involves 67 partners from 35 countries. All of them are active players in the field of Computing Education. Representatives of these partners will work on the re-organisation of the teaching process by changing teaching methods, developing new didactical theories and learning models for using social media in education and new Digital Curricula in Computing Education and Training. This will strengthen and further develop the European Higher Education Area in Computing.
Main project outcomes and products:
- ETN FETCH "Future Education and Training in Computing: How to support learning at anytime anywhere".
- ESFCET 2020.
- EEFCET 2020.
- A set of recommendations for future DCCET 2020.
- New didactical theories and learning models for using social media in education.
- Six conferences with co-event workshops in the field of computing.
- Publications of the results in journals, newspapers, magazines, brochures and web sites.
- Internal and external evaluation reports.
1. The project products will be of benefit for all actors in Computing education like
- University and national policy-makers in the field of Computing education;
- University academic staff who are lecturers/trainers in Computing;
- Bachelor, Master & Doctoral Students;
- Research institutes and centres in Computing;
- Companies and SMEs in the field of Computing.
2. The project will change the methodology of training computer specialists, will apply most modern technologies in education, and will promote closer cooperation between universities, research institutes and industry.
Contact person: Alexander Sudnitson
More information available on the project homepage http://fetch.ecs.uni-ruse.bg/?cmd=gsIndex