In the last thirty-seven years, ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC) has been a primary and international forum for applied computer scientists, computer engineering,
and other computer related professionals to gather, interact, present, and disseminate their research and development work. ACM SAC has been sponsored by the
Special Interest Group on Applied Computing (SIGAPP), and SIGAPP's mission is to further the interests of the computing professionals engaged in the development of new computing
techniques and applications areas and the transfer of computing technology to new problem domains.
SAC 2023 will be held on March 27 - 31, 2023 in Tallinn, the capital of Estonia, which picturesque medieval and Hanseatic Old Town is registered in the UNESCO World Heritage List. The conference proceedings will be published by ACM and will be also available online through ACM's Digital Library. For additional information, please visit the above official ACM SAC 2023 web site.
Intelligent Systems for Digital Era (ISDE) track - Call for Papers
The rapid development of information and communication technologies (ICT) has introduced computing systems into many life areas, and with the increasing development of technology and computational power, this penetration continues. Tasks that once required a desktop computer can now be easily performed on the move on a smartphone platform. This has affected all areas of our everyday lives from surfing the Web, buying products online, to areas of online banking, healthcare, transportation, sustainable ecosystems, and beyond. On top of this, we have always wanted to have smart companions, tools, or systems that would assist us individually or as a society, and now we have entered a highly digital era, where the use and our dependency of Intelligent Systems plays a crucial role.
The focus of this track is on intelligent systems in all areas of our daily life aiming to solve everyday problems, and improve daily life by taking advantage of the rapid development of ICT, sensor technologies, process automation, predictive systems, artificial intelligence (AI), etc. This track focuses on the development and application of intelligent systems supporting the continuous transformation towards digital society. An emphasis is on systems that take a holistic view on this transformation towards a better digital world, e.g., healthcare, transportation, business processes, and e-government.
Researchers as well as practitioners from academia and industry are invited to submit theoretical, technical and practical papers on intelligent systems and issues related to their development and application.
Topics of interest:
- Digitalization in Enterprise Ecosystems
- Automation of Business Process Management
- Advanced Socio Cyber Physical Systems
- Digitalization in various life areas, e.g., healthcare, civil engineering, marine, transportation, etc.
- Application of Soft Computing in Intelligent Systems
- Smart Cities
- Artificial Agents and Smart Systems
- Perception and Cognitive Systems
- Digital Transformation
- Systems Engineering for Intelligent Systems
- Problem areas, case studies, and human perception of digitalization
- Web as platform for Intelligent Systems (based on Internet-of-Things)
- Data Science for Social Good
- Analytics for Knowledge Graphs
- Application of Knowledge Graphs in Intelligent Systems
- Intelligent systems and Digitalization for Education
- Intelligent Systems for Sustainable Development Goals
- Intelligent Systems for Greener Society
Student Research Competition (SRC) Program
Graduate students are invited to submit research abstracts (maximum of 4 pages in ACM camera-ready format) following the instructions published at the SAC 2023 website. Submission of the same abstract to multiple tracks is not allowed. Electronic submission of SRC papers.
All research abstract submissions will be reviewed by researchers and practitioners with expertise in the track focus area to which they are submitted. Authors of selected abstracts will have the opportunity to give poster and oral presentations of their work and compete for three top-winning places. The SRC committee will evaluate and select First, Second, and Third place winners. The winners will receive medals and cash awards. Winners will be announced during the conference banquet. Invited students receive SRC travel support and are eligible to apply to the SIGAPP Student Travel Award Program (STAP) for additional travel support.
Original unpublished research papers, application experience papers, and reports of success stories/innovation on digital transformation are invited on the topics above (but not limited). Submitted papers must be original contributions and must not be accepted or submitted elsewhere until the decision is received.
Each submitted paper will undergo a double-blind review process by at least three reviewers. Therefore, remove any author names and any other information that might divulge authors' identity
from the paper. Self-reference should be in the third person.
Please note that a paper cannot be submitted to more than one track!
Accepted papers will be published in the ACM SAC 2023 proceedings. The camera-ready version of the accepted paper should be prepared using the ACM double-column format according to the guidelines given on the SAC 2023 web site. Accepted full papers should not exceed 8 pages in a double column format (with the option to add 2 extra pages at extra cost).
A set of selected papers, which did not get accepted as full papers, will be accepted as poster papers and will also be published as extended three (3) two-column pages' abstracts in the ACM SAC 2023 proceedings (with the option to add an additional page at an additional charge).
DO NOTE! Paper registration is required, allowing the inclusion of the paper/poster in the conference proceedings. An author or a proxy attending SAC MUST present the paper. This is a requirement for the paper/poster to be included in the ACM digital library. No-show of registered papers and posters will result in excluding them from the ACM digital library
Oct 01, 2022Oct 31, 2022 (final extended deadline): Submission of regular papers and SRC research abstracts Nov 19, 2022Dec 05, 2022: Notification of papers and posters and SRC acceptance/rejection Dec 06, 2022Dec 13, 2022: Camera-ready copies of accepted papers Dec 06, 2022Dec 13, 2022: Authors Registration due
- Tarmo ROBAL, Department of Computer Systems, Tallinn University of Technology, ESTONIA (email@example.com)
- Innar LIIV, Department of Software Science, Tallinn University of Technology, ESTONIA (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Diana KALIBATIENE, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, LITHUANIA (email@example.com)
- Alla Anohina-Naumeca, Riga Technical university, Latvia
- Guntis Arnicans, University of Latvia, Latvia
- Zane Bicevska, University of Latvia, Latvia
- Juris Borzovs, University of Latvia, Latvia
- Guanliang Chen, Monash University, Australia
- Peeter Ellervee, TalTech, Estonia
- Olga Fragou, Hellenic Open University, Greece
- Tara Ghasempouri, TalTech, Estonia
- Janis Grabis, Riga Technical university, Latvia
- Janis Grundspenkis, Riga Technical university, Latvia
- Francesco Guerra, Universita' di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italia
- Thomas Hollstein, TalTech / Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Mirjana Ivanovic, University of Novi Sad, Serbia
- Hannu Jaakkola, Tampere University, Finland
- Girts Karnitis, University of Latvia, Latvia
- Jaanus Kaugerand, TalTech, Estonia
- Marite Kirikova, Riga Technical university, Latvia
- Audrone Lupeikiene, Vilnius University, Lithuania
- Riina Maigre, TalTech, Estonia
- Raimundas Matulevicius, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Timo Mäkinen, Tampere University, Finland
- Laila Niedrite, University of Latvia, Latvia
- Ingrid Pappel, TalTech, Estonia
- Gunnar Piho, TalTech, Estonia
- Uljana Reinsalu, TalTech, Estonia
- Priit Ruberg, TalTech, Estonia
- Asta Slotkiene, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania
- Darja Solodovnikova, University of Latvia, Latvia
- Kuldar Taveter, University of Tartu, Estonia
- Ants Torim, TalTech, Estonia
- Markus Westner, OTH-Regensburg, Germany
to be completed